halve your work time and cut costs by 50% with the smart hob system
Complete your floors faster with an easier and smarter alternative to conventionally forming up timber hobs.
Cold formed steel hobs are manufactured to your site specifications, delivered to site, fixed to the slab and filled with concrete. Hobs are then tanked or sealed as required.
Remove the time and labour in waiting for concrete to set before returning to strip the timber ply, remove nails and patch hobs.
The SBS Smart Hob system is a registered design and has been consistently used for over 15 years in the Australian concrete formwork industry.
How it works
Pin the hob frames to the concrete by using washered drive pins. These are fired in by a ramset gun or similar
Make sure reo dowels are used as per engineers specificationcontact us for more info
Fill the hobs with concrete and trowel off excess concrete, ready to be waterproofed and tankedcontact us for more info
Waterproof and tank hobs as per manufacturers and building specificationscontact us for more info
Advantages of the Smart Hob system
- Hobs are straight and true – no warping or bending.
- Simple step-by-step lightweight installation process
- Hob frames are light, strong and easy to join
- Windows, doorways and facades can be pre-measured earlier off hob framing before filled
- No material wastage on site
- No need for any stripping or patching of temporary form ply once concrete has set
- Eliminates cleaning of hob formwork
- Speeds up installation so you can hand over your floors quicker