Project / Starward Distillery
Location / 50 Bertie Street, Port Melbourne
Client / Empire Concrete & Formwork
The Smart Hob system is not usually an exposed product. Yet for this distillery project, it was the ideal solution to create a raised water barrier system, separating the processing areas from the public spaces.
Replacing the traditional method of forming up a concrete step, the permanent metal hob resulted in a neat and clean finish, adding to the industrial style.
In the client’s words, “Installation is fast and simple. With a little extra attention to detail, it’s easy to create a product that not only serves its purpose, but also looks great.” Scott R. – Empire Concrete & Formwork.
Advantages of using the system:
– It is easy and fast to set up
– Eliminates the need to strip temporary form ply, saving on site labour and construction time
– Limits the damage caused to existing concrete slabs when fixings are removed from the traditional formwork process
– A consistent and precise hob every time
– Straight, true and accurate framing
– Customised sizing to suit the project specifications
Smart Hobs…easier, smarter and faster.