For the second month in a row, SBS Group is supporting the Peter MacCallum Cancer Foundation as part of our SBS Support. Donate. Volunteer program.
One of our factory staff, Keanu was asked to nominate a charity of choice for our September donation. As Bonnie did in August, he requested that we continue our support for Peter Mac.
The Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre is Australia’s only public health service entirely dedicated to caring for people affected by cancer.
Here’s a few quick stats about Peter Mac:
• 2,500 staff
• 580 laboratory and clinical researchers
• Capacity for 96 overnight inpatient beds
• 85 beds and chairs for services such as same day medical and chemotherapy
• 25,000 square metres of dedicated cancer research space
• 6 operating theatres and 2 procedure rooms
• 4,800 people visit the centre each day including staff, inpatients, outpatients and other visitors
It is an honour to continue supporting Peter Mac; an amazing institution that does Australia proud with their world class care and research.